From Christina: One of the highlights of 2013 for me was getting to know author Tori James and her unique outlook on life. I was delighted when she offered to share a few of her New Year’s Resolutions at Time for Love.
And how sweet for her to throw in such a huge compliment at the end. Tori, sharing the blog with you today was MY pleasure. Thanks so much!
New Year’s Resolutions
By Tori James
New Year coming up! Its exciting, isn’t it? The prospect of fresh beginnings and the start of change. I make resolutions every year, except for last year. I resolved to not make any new resolutions. Wait….hmm. Nevermind!
But seriously, this year I’ve decide to maybe tackle things a bit more manageable and less grandiose. Wish me luck!
- I will no longer spend my time reliving the past. Instead I will just focus on worrying about the future.
- I will think of good passwords besides “password”.
- I will remember that you can’t force someone to love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they give in without getting the police involved.
- I will practice my No Chocolate Left Behind policy more effectively.
- When I hear a funny joke, I will not respond verbally with LOL LOL!
- Try to remember that not everyone is a Star Wars fan. Their obvious lack of taste is not my problem.
- I will try to remember that my car is NOT a DeLorean and that no matter how many times I try to tell the cops I was just trying to get her up to 88 mph so I could see some serious s**t, they aren’t going to buy it.
- I will treat myself better. Starting with NOT seeing the new Sly Stallone/Robert De Niro movie “Grudge Match.” Both men need to admit …grudgingly (see what I did there?) that they need to wear a man-siere.
- I will resolve to remember its LeviOsa and not LeviosA.
- And my Final New Year’s Resolution for 2014 is: 1024 by 968 pixels.
I truly hope one and all had a great holiday season and here’s to making the next year magical, happy and full of good stuff!
Christina, lady, you are amazing. One of the best gifts I got this past year was meeting you. Thank you for letting me steal a bit of your time today!
Tori James has loved reading since she was old enough to hold a book in her lap. While her friends were out playing, she was generally curled up nearby falling down rabbit holes, catching second stars to the right, and stepping through wardrobes into mysterious lands and countless adventures. When those stories ended, she made up her own and kept going. Her debut novel, a paranormal romance called Timeless Night, was released on Sept. 20th 2013 and she’s currently working on the sequel.