Vicki Batman describes herself as “a sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction”. That’s enough to get my attention. I love sassy, I love sexy, and most of all, I love funny.
I first got to know Vicki when she shared a few thoughts here at Time for Love during the recent holiday season. Along with thoughts, this talented, sassy woman also shared her craftiness.
Winter Holiday Crafts by Vicki Batman
Readers loved it; so did I. I wanted to know more about Vicki, so I made a little visit to her blog. I’ll admit, the blog title had definitely piqued my curiosity.
Vicki Batman: Handbags, Books…Whatever
Handbags? Yes, handbags. She’s got quite a collection of them. But, I’ll let her tell you about those.
I adore handbags and change mine out often. Going to church, out for the evening, need a tote to carry more stuff. Whatever.
I came to love handbags over a very simple thing–shoes. Lots of women will elaborate on how much they LOVE shoes. I, however, have small feet–size 7 narrow. That particular size is very hard to come by; so I don’t have lots of shoe candy. I turned my eye to handbags. Much to Handsome’s dismay, I have seven shelves. In my own defense, I have one I kept from high school.
I love to go to flea markets and antique malls. There, I have found bags for as little as $3.00. I’d much rather have four bags for ten dollars than one forty dollar bag! I’ve bought handbags from eBay and ETSY, too, particularly, needlepoint handbags. Everyone thinks they are old lady purses. Sometimes, I add a nifty handle and totally update the look. Right now, I am ready to turn in a handbag needlepoint canvas I did. Yeah! And every time I sell something I’ve written, I treat myself to a bag.
My so-called collection includes Enid Collins jeweled bags, Margaret Smith of Maine totes, Mary Frances fancy ones, Hobo International (fine leather), Kim Smith clutches. I have vintage decoupage, various straw ones for summer, Kate Spade (yummy!), and some made from record album covers.
* * * * * * * *
Record covers? Those, I’d like to see! What a clever idea. Readers, take note, every Monday, Vicki features handbags on her blog. Here’s the link again, in case you missed it:
Vicki Batman: Handbags, Books…Whatever
Along with being a sassy, crafty lady, Vicki is, above all, a talented and prolific writer. She kindly prepared a list of her book titles and other published works for me — sorry, Vicki, I didn’t mean to make you work so hard! Whew! This lady is one accomplished writer.
– To be determined 2014, The Wild Rose Press, Temporarily Employed
– To Spring 2014, WordForest, “Sister Act” for the Sisterhood Anthology
– To February 2014, Indie, “Bug Stuff…and Other Stories”
– To December 2013, MuseItUp Publishing, “The Great Fruitcake Bake-off”
– To March 2013, MuseItUp Publishing, “San Diego or Bust”
– To February 2013, Indie, “Little Birdie Who…and Other Stories”
– To May 2012 LongandShortReviews.com, “Check Her Out”
– To August 2012 MuseItUp Publishing, “Store Wars”
– To February 2012 Ink Lion Books, “Man Theory and Other Stories”
– To December 2012 MuseItUp Publishing, “Twinkle Lights”
– To October 2011 MuseItUp Publishing, “Taking Flight,” Lavender Dreams anthology
– To June 2011 LongandShortReviews.com, “Tommy and the Teacher”
– To April 2011 Noble Romance Publishing, “I Believe”
– To February 2011 True Love, “The Sweetest Revenge”
– To February 2011 True Love, “Valentine’s Day Misery”
– To December 2010 True Love, “Candy Cane Twist”
– To December 2010 True Confessions, “Breaking Free”
– To October 2010 True Confessions, “Wedding Day Disaster”
– To September 2010 True Love, “Drive My Car”
– To September 2010 True Love, “I’ll Never Leave You”
– To September 2010 True Love, “When You Least Expect It”
– To August 2010 True Love, “Running to Love”
– To August 2010 True Love, “A Cake for All Seasons”
– To April 2010 LongandShortReviews.com, “Ouch”
– To January 2010 True Love, “Beyond Ordinary”
– To December 2009 True Romance, “Christmas Ties”
– To September 2009 True Romance, “Charlie’s Friend”
Vicki recently made another appearance here at Time for Love, this time sharing a few thoughts on Valentine’s Day:
Worst Valentine’s — Evah! by Vicki Batman
This became the inspiration for one of those “True Love” stories listed above. Be sure to read it and see how she got the last laugh on a fellow who obviously wasn’t good enough for her in the first place.
Many thanks to Vicki for sharing her thoughts, her crafts, and her stories with Time for Love readers. She’s a great lady, and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her.
Like some of her characters, award-winning author, Vicki Batman has worked a wide variety of jobs including lifeguard, ride attendant at an amusement park; a hardware store, department store, book store, antique store clerk; administrative assistant in an international real estate firm; and a general “do anything gal” at a financial services firm–the list is endless.
Writing for several years, she has completed three manuscripts, written essays, and sold many short stories to TRUE LOVE, TRUE ROMANCE, TRUE CONFESSIONS, NOBLE ROMANCE PUBLISHING, LONG AND SHORT REVIEWS, MUSEITUP PUBLISHING, and THE WILD ROSE PRESS.
She is a member of RWA and several writing groups and chapters. In 2004, she joined DARA and has served in many capacities, including 2009 President. DARA awarded her the Robin Teer Memorial Service Award in 2010.
Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking “What if??”